Day 17 – Post a useful HOWTO to solve a challenge you’ve come across recently.
How to get a bunch of twitter followers – for free !
I have read a LOT of twitter posts that basically say: “click here for 10,000 followers”. Then when you do, they try and sell you some scam about paying for followers, who we all know will be robot followers anyway.
How do you really do it?
Just follow these easy steps, I did the same thing this month and am about to hit 1500 followers, without paying anything.
- Create a twitter account if you have not already done so.
- Add a picture, and a bio to your twitter account. Mine for example is: http://www.twitter.com/dingfelder
- Look at interesting twitter accounts, in a topic you will be tweeting about, and find one with lots of followers. thousands.
- Open up their list of followers, and add a LOT of them. Note: Don’t add a thousand in the first day or twitter may ban your acccount. Do it over a few days.
- If you hit a limit aand twitter won’t let you add more followers, it is because you do not have enough followers. For example, you cannot add more than 2000 followers unless you have at least 1500 following you.
- Wait several days, and see how many follow you. It won’t be thousands.
- While you are waiting, follow anyone who is following you. This is important because if you don’t, they may stop following you.
- Go to this site and connect it to your twitter account, it is free. http://who.unfollowed.me/
- Once you are logged in, click the link to see “who is not following me back”. Un-follow all those people.
- Go back to number 3 and repeat. After a few times, your numbers will start growing faster, and people will add you even if you don’t add them first.
- When adding users, the best kind are the ones who follow thousands of users, especially those who follow more people than are following them those people are more likely to follow you.
- Finally, I should note that as I am getting more followers, I have started deleting the ones that have never tweeted, and I delete all the ones that are linked to naughty URLs. I don’t want to help them advertise for adult services. I have deleted a number of questionable followers, so I would be over 2000 if I had blindly accesped all followers.
Now, go and follow me, and I will follow you back.